Tuesday 31 October 2017

Spooky Reviews/// TV Reviews: Stranger Things 2.


Hello! 

I, like every one else spent this last weekend all wrapped up in the Stranger Things universe. 
After 9 hours of being in LOVE with all things Season 2, I can now go back to my normal life. 

Have you seen season 2 yet?
God! I loved it so much. 
In fact, I think I might love this season a little bit more than last season...just because it was so much more intense. 

If you haven't watched Stranger Things yet...you've got to! It is nostalgic, funny, spooky and so brilliant and man those kids are golden!!! 

So let's jump into some thoughts and feelings I've had watching these 9 episodes...why can't we have more?! 


 Some Favourite Strange Things/// 

1. I loved this season. I was a little worried if the show would live up to the exceptions around it..given how incredible the first season was, this season was just as good. The first season was a little bit of a slow burn...it takes some time for the action to get rolling. But this season seemed to take off from the get go. 

2. It was so nice to be back in this world and to see these amazing characters again. All of these kids are amazing and I am so glad that we got to see each of them for significant amounts of time. I felt like all of them got equal screen time overall. 

3. There were also some new characters- Billy and Max, Dr. Owens, Murray and Bob. It's nice to add new people to the mix. 
I like Max and what she brings to the party. 
Bob...oh Bob! Such a good guy. 

4. The last two episodes were on fire. Every single moment of those two episodes were brilliant. 

5. Dustin is such a sweetheart! My heart broke during the Snow Ball when he was sitting on the bleachers. I also loved the whole Dustin-Lucas-Max shenanigans. 

6. Steve!!!!!
I love how his character has evolved and he was one of the best things of this season. This boy is golden. I was living for all the Steve and Dustin interactions. 
I was so scared he would die at the hands of the Demo-dogs! 
T one fair, I like him in season 1 too but Season 2 Steve is the best! 


7. The acting in this season is amazing. Especially Will and Eleven were on fire. 

8. I loved that everyone seemed to be on their own adventure this season. Everyone was doing their own thing and solving their own problems and then coming together to kick some collective ass. 

9. Mike and Eleven! 
Do I need say more?! 
I can't wait to see more. 

10. There were some seriously spooky moments all season long and some edge of the seat action. This was such a fun ride. 

11. The soundtrack of this season is awesome. 

12. I love that even with all the chaos and upside down madness, there are still quite a few laughs and lighter moments all season long.


Some not-so-favourite Strange Things/// 

1. I would have liked the whole group to spend more time together. There was very little of all of them working together and I missed seeing all of them (the kids) together and solving things, those are some of my favourite things about the show. 

2. Episode 7- The Lost Sister, was my least favourite. Truth be told, I was bored out of my mind. I do think Kali and her motley group are interesting and kick ass but I don't really think they needed a whole episode. Especially given how episode 6 ended..I didn't want to move away from that action and be thrown into Kali and her shenanigans. 

3. I felt that there was very little of Mike in this season. 

4. The angry and screaming Eleven and Hopper interactions were a little bit jarring, not my favourite thing! 

Rating: 4.5/5 


If you haven't watched Stranger Things yet, you've got to. 
Just give it a shot and I really think you'll like it. This show deserves all the hype it gets. 

I don't belive we have to wait a whole year for a new season! 




No comments: