Monday 27 March 2017

Travel Diary/// Library at La Villa Bethany, Landour.

Hello! 

I spent over a week at La Villa Bethany in Landour and, as a bookworm, their library was the first thing I noticed as I walked into the homestay. 
This was the first room I saw as we arrived and we spent the first hour sitting there with Sunita (the owner) talking over a cup of divine lemon-ginger-honey tea. I did a quick look around and made a mental note to come check out the shelves once I was done reading the 2 books I had carried with me to read on this holiday.
Once I read my books I popped in to check out the bookshelves and borrow some reading material. 
Unsurprisingly, I stuck to Ruskin Bond while my sister picked up a murder mystery that is written by an author that has visited and stayed at Bethany. 
:) 

Let's look at the charming little library..


Cozy chairs and sunlight streaming in through the windows. 


 A look at the many bookshelves. 




The selection of books is a good mix between fiction and non-fiction (travel, business, Indian history, nature- especially, the flora and fauna of the region) and bestsellers and literary fiction. 

There is something for everyone. 

And there is also a wide collection of children's books to keep the little ones occupied and engaged. 



There is also a shelf full of books written by authors who have stayed at La Villa Bethany. Like I mentioned, my sister read one such murder mystery written by P. B. Kolleri- a review will be up soon. 









The library is a perfect spot to sit down with a cuppa tea and read the day away. Or you can do what we did, borrowed a few books and found a cozy spot on the property or around Landour and read away. 




The decor of the library is gorgeous and old-fashioned and comforting. 


This is such a happy little space that will warm the heart of any bookworm. 
:) 


No comments: