Sunday 21 February 2016

Book Haul: Books of February 2016, Part- II.

Hello! 

I got of these books in the mail lately from Amazon. I got books online after ages and honestly I was a little out of practice. 
:) 
It had been so long since I bought books online that I had forgotten how to browse and do the online book buying thing :) 

I got 10 books in total.
But I am sharing only 8 here.
One book was very damaged and I sent it back. 
Another came a day or two later so I didn't photograph it.

I got all of these because I genuinely want to read all of these and I wanted some of them for very long. 

Let's look at new books on my shelves. 



Books Bought: 

Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin- I have never read Baldwin before and this being Black History month, it's  good time as any to amend that.  

Alphabet Soup For Lovers by Anita Nair- Currently reading this now and loving it. I love Anita Nair's writing and this is a slow and languid love story. Really enjoying it and savouring it.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling - With the movie coming out later this year and another visit to the Harry Potter world this is reason enough to pick out this book. I am looking forward to reading this and of course the movie looks so good!

The Book of Golden Leaves by Mirza Waheed - I won't lie the cover of this book drew me in long before the plot did. Set in Kashmir and taking of it's turmoil and lovers caught in the middle of it all. I am interested in reading more from Kashmir and this seemed like a nice place to start.

My Life in My Words by Rabindranath Tagore - I have said before on the blog that I am having a Tagore moment this year. I am Bengali and this was bound to happen at some point I guess :) For me this year is the year of delving more into Tagore. And apart from his fiction and poems, I find his life equally interesting too. So I wanted to read more about his life. And this book is a good place to start.
The other two books in my haul were also Tagore books, one was The Return of Khokababu- which I sent back because it came very damaged. The other is a collection of short stories which I will show later on.

An Evening in Calcutta by K.A. Abbas - a random pick. Stories set in Calcutta, a city I love.

Don't Let Him Know by Sandip Roy - I spotted this book in Crossword a while back and it comes highly recommend from several authors whose work I've read and loved. It's about marriage and secrets and has a LGBTQ angle as well. I am very, very excited to read this.

The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende - My sister is a huge fan of Allende and I primarily picked up this book for her. About lovers who meet and separate over the years, this promises to be an intense and heartfelt read. We already own 4 other books by Allende and I really need to get my act together and read her. :) 









I am happy to have these books and I wonder which one of these I should read next?! 

:) 

Happy Reading guys :) 


No comments: